You could just use a Seekbar and hook up the listeners to AudioManager.setStreamVolume(): http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioManager.html#setStreamVolume(int, int, int)

        DanielleM <mailto:dmurkerso...@gmail.com>
February 8, 2011 10:00 AM

Hello all:

In my app I an using a MediaPlayer object to play some streaming
audio. I would like to be able to display on the screen a volume
control slider. Can someone point me in the right direction for this?
Perhaps there is some volume object I can call and just adjust the
foreground and background colors of the slider, or do I need to build
this from scratch?

I'm not really sure the best way to tackle this obstacle. I'm
providing a link to an image of what i would like the final product to
look like. Hopefully this will help to demonstrate what I'm asking
about.

http://www.wusf.usf.edu/images/android_screen/android_app_comp.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help,
DMurkerson