Hi

I come from Java Web development and I am used to work with resource
bundles where you get a string with a key. In Android you have this
generated class R which generates ids for each key and you have to use
this. So far so good, but I like to store some application data in
XMLs and there I have an attribute name. Is there a way to get a
message from the strings.xml with this attribute as a key?

Example XML:
<root>
<elem name="house" floors="2" rooms="5"/>
</root>

Then I have my strings.xml for the different languages:
EN:
<resources>
        <string name="house">House</string>
</resources>
DE:
<resources>
        <string name="house">Haus</string>
</resources>

So if I parse my xml I want to print out the localized name.
Is this possible in any way, or would I need to copy my data xml for
each language? The problem is there are way more attributes per node
and if one of the value changes I need to update every single xml.

Thanks,
Thomas

ps. I'm working with 2.2 API