Hi,

I'm trying to use INSTALL_REFERRER on Android 2.2, and my broadcast
receiver is getting called so I know my AndroidManifest.xml is
correct. However, the information being passed to my receiver is not
what I'm putting in the URL. To me, it looks like default Android
Market info and its ignoring the parameters in the URL generated by
Google.

Here's my receiver:

        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

                String referrer =
URLDecoder.decode(intent.getStringExtra("referrer"));
                Log.d("TEST_RCVR", referrer);

        }

Here's the log output:

    02-16 05:22:06.095: DEBUG/TEST_RCVR(24599):
utm_source=androidmarket&utm_medium=device&utm_campaign=search&utm_term=arbitrary
software&rowindex=4&hl=en&correctedQuery=

On my Android device, I opened a browser to the Google Analytics site
and had it generate a URL for me. I pasted it into the Android browser
so it took me to the right place in the Market, I installed my app
just fine, but the output doesnt match whats in the URL.

Here's the URL Google made for me that I pasted into the Android
browsers address bar...
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.arbitrarysoftware.test&referrer=utm_source%3Dcampsrc%26utm_medium%3Dmedium%26utm_term%3Dterm%26utm_content%3Dcontent%26utm_campaign%3Dnamed

I'm really interested in getting the utm_source to be ANYTHING other
than "androidmarket." I'm clearly not understanding why the Android
Market overrode / ignored my settings. In my mind, I referred myself
to the Market through the browser so they should be honoring my
utm_source.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Dave