Thanks DanH,

using '\n' instead of "\n" worked fine!

Sorry Kostya,
I wasn't clear enough. I meant, if I have a text in a textview that
includes \n as a part of the visual text that the user can see and not
as a newline marker. Then how do I look for the actual new line marker
and not the \n that is a part of the text. Searching for char '\n'
worked very well for that.

Thanks both!