Thanks but I'm good now.  I added a BOOT_COMPLETED intent to the
appwidget's intent filter and check for that event in onRecieve.  All is
good!

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/790da1a655f4a227/0b8d6aad1dc2d371?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Broadcast+Receiver+From+Widget#0b8d6aad1dc2d371

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_TIME_TICK

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED

wrote:

   >> 25.02.2011 0:42, Jake Colman пишет:
   >>
   >> Hmmm.  In Eclipse I am always doing Run/Run from the menu.  I'd guess
   >>> that is what you are telling me NOT to do.  So what do I do instead?
   >>>

   >> The first time (to install the app) do that.
   >>
   >> Then shut down the emulator.
   >>
   >> The second time, bring up the SDK/AVD manager by clicking its toolbar icon
   >> ("Android hiding in a box with an arrow pointing down", top left of the
   >> screen, in the menu bar), or from the Start menu, select your emulator,
   >> click "Start".
   >>

   >> --
   >> Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com
   >>
   >> --