> Anyone needing to ask questions about an undocumented, unsupported API should
> not be using it.

Calendar is not part of SDK as such situation lets Google change
whatever they want and to not bother the others, but I dare to point
that there significiant difference between "undocumented" and
"private" (restricted). Calendar Provider is "undocumented".

> Search for Google Calendar GData API.

Which besides being more official than Calendar Provider requires data
connection.

> You are cordially invited to add me to your email filters, then, so
> that you don't have to read any more of my messages.

It seems you took it too personally, for no reason.

> Somebody with the itch to scratch should be creating their own
> compatibility layer atop such undocumented, unsupported APIs. In the
> case of the Calendar, such a compatibility layer:
[...]
> The same holds true for just about any other undocumented, unsupported
> API in Android. I haven't had the itch, so I have not scratched it. If
> somebody comes up with such a compatibility layer, I will be happy to
> point people in that direction.

Do agree, but to my knowledge no such layer exists and if TK or anyone
else is going to write such, he still may need the answers, isn't it?
We are now falling into academic debate, which imho is of no real
benefit. If I remember correctly we got 44k devs here so definitely
one knows the answers.

--
Regards,
Marcin