Xoom's 160 dpi is still much higher than the typical desktop computer monitor (96 dpi).

Keep in mind that display density (pixels / inch) is not the same as resolution (number of pixels) or screen size (number of inches).

This might be useful:

http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/library/motorola-xoom-tablet-programming-tips/

-- Kostya