I'm writing a testing suite (for personal use only) for my other apps
that triggers system intents.

I know I need to add android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" to my
android manifest in the manifest tag and I need to install my app in /
system/app instead of the normal /data/data to have permission to send
system broadcast intents. I have root access so that's not a problem.

The problem I'm running into is, it appears I also need to sign my app
with a system key. Where do I get a system key store, users names, and
passwords? I assume I could build my own version of Android and sign
it with my own keys, but since I have root access there should be an
easier way right?

I have a N1 with CM7 and the emulator I'd be fine with keys for
either.

Thanks.