But that means you can't use your Android device at one of those point-
of-sale terminals that can read NFC tags, right? The bit in the
documentation about com.android.npp is confusing since I can't find
any information on that package anywhere. So I assume that only
Android devices can participate in the NFC P2P interaction. I know you
can't give a date of when card emulation would be available, but can
you at least say that it's being worked on and that we may see it
someday?

I appreciate your help. The Android team is great for spending time in
these forums. It really helps a lot.

- dave