Hi,
we have evaluated PhoneGap and JQTouch for my current project, as we
are developing the app for IPhone and Android.
We found the tools somewhat lacking on Android, though. I am sure that
they will be great tools in the future but at the moment we prefere to
go native. We do try to put as much content as we can into HTML,
though. CSS will make sure that we can use the same content on IPhone
and Android.

Stephan