Hello...again. I have discovered a bit more information about my
issue. It seems that streams coming from shoutcast servers are not
supported. Which is exactly the kind of server that is serving the
streams I'm trying to play through my app. I would really love to hear
some feedback on whether this issue is known, being resolved, etc.
According to this thread I found, there is a fix but the phone has to
be rooted. This thread is as recent as today and people are still
having issues.

http://forums.shoutcast.com/showthread.php?p=2748869

Thanks,
DanielleM