I had the same problem after the latest updates as well. I went
searching for answers and found your posts which made me glad that i
wasn't alone :)

I did discover the problem and cure this morning (at least for my
projects) - go to Project Properties and select Java Build path. Then,
On the Order and Export tab I moved the gen build above the src build.
I can now merrily rebuild my projects even after a Clean and Build
Automatically (which I couldn't do before this fix on the latest
Eclipse / Android SDK updates).