On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:45 PM, hoyski <hoy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I knew all of the inputs I'd used to create the keystore so I thought
> there may be some way to recreate it. Searching Google I found that
> the answers fell into two categories: "Dude, you're screwed" and
> "Dude, you're [expletive deleted]."

Technically, you only need your private key. But since there is no easy
way to extract it from the JKS keystore (you *could* convert it to PKCS#12
 and then use OpenSSL to extract it), you'd better backup the whole keystore.

That said, it would be nice if there were some way to recover from
losing your key.
If you can prove you are you to the Android market (Google account
authentication,
phone call verification, show up in person, etc) you should be able to
replace the
key/certificate tied to your account. I don't think it's possible with
the current security
 model though.