Thanks for the feedback.  I have removed the unecessary permissions
from the app and released an update.  The only permissions the app now
requires are:
INTERNET
READ_PHONE_STATE
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

Internet is needed so the app can communicate with the database on my
server.  The other two are required for the ad provider, greystripe.
http://wiki.greystripe.com/index.php/Android#AndroidManifest.xml  I
apologize for the other suspicious permissions.  I copied the manifest
off of one of my other apps and forgot to update it.

Justin - I have the version check in there to make sure that the app
has the latest server API code.  If I modify the backend and need to
update the way the client app gets its information, people will need
to update to the latest version or the app will be broken.  If I
require the client app to upgrade, I can simulatenous update both the
backend and the app and be sure that it all still works together.

Adam - What apps were you searching for so I can look into the issue?
Please make sure that you have the right search settings including
setting the correct application category and payment type (paid or
free).  For example, if you search for Angry Birds in paid
Productivity apps, it will return zero results.

Maps.Huge.Info - I was not aware that the ranks can vary so much for a
variety of factors.  I guess the rankings will not be exactly accurate
for everyone but I still believe it will be beneficial to see an app's
approximate rank.  The trending data is also very useful so you can
see how your app's rank changes over time and possibly correlate
changes that to a recent ad campaign, a new version, etc.

Thanks!
Ravi