Ah, sorry for my brief explanation.
Basically, you have to decide what you want.
You can either encapsulate your application using Application sub-class
which all your activities can then access.
Or, you can have a java class in which you store your global variables IF
they don't change at runtime.

So, if you want the first option.  Say you have an Application subclass
named MyApp.  You would add it to the manifest file like
android:name="MyApp"
Android will use that class which you can then access from your activities
using Activity.getApplication() method.
So you can cast that to MyApp like so:

onCreate {
    MyApp app = (MyApp) getApplication();
    MyVar var = app.getVar();
}

If you want the second option, you'd create a class called Consts.java in
which you store static global variables.
So something like:
class Consts {
   public final static String AppName = "SOMETHING";
}

Then from your activity you can access it like:

String appname = Consts.AppName

Also, you might want to change your font, it's a bit hard to read your
messages.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM, David Williams <dwilli...@dtw-consulting.com