errr....well if you are fetching Xml information from the Internet
thats a little bit different from reading it from the sdcard.

if you really are fetching it from the internet then presumably it is
from some datasource that you are managing.  In that case the data
does not actually need to be in the xml format that is used as part of
an Android project: it can be in whatever format you like.  All you
are going to do is read in the information and substitute it into
whatever variables are going to get inflated in your app.

Don't worry about how to parse an Android XML layout.  Just worry
about how you are going to store the data on your server in the
easiest format for you to subsequently request and consume it within
your client app.