As you appear to be using a single text view in your spinner, consider
using some standard layouts and views. Instead of
R.layout.profile_list, try using android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1,
and instead of your R.id.tvDBViewRow, replace that with
android.R.id.text1. My guess is that you're getting hung up on where
these resources get specified and how. Android provides a bunch of
standard ones that you can easily use. To see the actual specification
of the layout, go to the Android SDK directory, look under the
appropriate platform directory for your target build, then under data/
res/layout. There you will find simple_list_item_1.xml which is a
layout with a single TextView in it, with an ID of text1. Anyway, try
that and see if you get better results.

- dave