On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM, mani <smanikanda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to pick the Notification view from status bar and put into
> another application.

That makes no sense for an SDK application.

> Its our requirement that for our product we are planning to remove the
> notification view from status bar and keep it in some other
> application.

That makes even less sense for an SDK application.

> i did analysis on statusBarService

Which is only part of the firmware and is not to be used by SDK
applications. If you are actually modifying the firmware, this is not
the correct list to be using -- visit http://source.android.com to
find one that is more suitable for firmware questions.

> So i thought of passing this view instance ( i.e expanded ) to an
> another application via aidl. and we can show the view, but updating
> the view and those logics still remains same....!!

None of that is possible, except *maybe* by modifying the firmware,
and I am skeptical even of that.

> so my question was is there an way to convert view object to bytes and
> pass them via parcel ?

No. RemoteViews is designed to cross process boundaries. View is not,
nor should it cross process boundaries.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 3.0 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books