Well the first issue is that you are making a network request on the main UI
thread.
This will block the thread until the network operation completes and might
make your program close.

I suggest you start by reading this:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/fundamentals/processes-and-threads.html

You also haven't told us what kind of error you are getting and what
behavior you are seeing on the ftp server itself.

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx