> For example, 1.6 is shown as as having a 4.8% share in one, 7.1% in
> the other -- they are not even close.  So, my theory to discontinue
> 1.5 and 1.6 support became much murkier as I have no way of knowing
> which number is right and which one is BS.

It's not a matter of the overall averages in regards to v1.5 and 1.6.  I
would focus more on what your actual app percentages are instead of the
average over the whole Market.  For instance one of my apps has a total of
about 15-20% at v1.5 and 1.6 (spread evenly between the two).  I was
thinking about discontinuing support for 1.5 until I saw this.  This is
almost 1/5 of my user base that I would have alienated if I had done so.
 Keep in mind that these percentages vary greatly to what the Market average
is.  I think the Market average stuff is just to give you an idea of the
Android version trends more than anything else and you should treat it
accordingly.  And, since, in theory, the new statistics are updated nightly,
I would think that the market average numbers are more accurate than the
weekly/bi-weekly updated stats on the market share page.