Because the Bitmap.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat format, int quality,
OutputStream stream) function can sometimes take a long time I am
calling it in a separate thread with low priority. During this time I
am drawing the same bitmap in the UI thread using Canvas.drawBitmap
(Bitmap bitmap, float left, float top, Paint paint) at 30fps.

Although the bitmap is mutable I am not writing to the bitmap during
this period. It works fine but I want to make sure that it is safe to
do this.

Thanks