This is not so much a problem, more a question about how to achieve
something...

I have a tabhost with three tabs. I have 6 icons, 3 in colour and 3 an
exact copy but in grayscale.

What I want to do is have the coloured version of the icon displayed
when the tab is active i.e. being viewed. Otherwise I want the other
inactive tabs to show the grayscale version of their icon - and change
to the coloured version if they are clicked.

So I want a tab to show a coloured icon if active and a grayscale icon
if inactive...

Any ideas how to achieve this anyone?

I have played around with the TabHost onTabChangeListener but havent
been able to find a solution.

Ideally I need something like:

tabHost.setOnTabChangedListener(new TabHost.OnTabChangeListener() {

                       public void onTabChanged(String arg0) {
                            int selectedTab = tabs.getCurrentTab();

                            // Update newly selected tab to display
colorful icon