Not necessarily.

Applications installed to internal phone memory can also put their data files on the memory card, and can write as much as they like. So there is no correlation really.

Running an application from the memory card would mainly result in data being read, and this already happens with "install to sd" with no apparent ill effects.

But - this installation scenario (complete application on the memory card, which could then be moved to another phone without reinstallation) is not available in Android. Perhaps it could implemented, but that is beyond this list's focus.

-- Kostya