import android.util.AttributeSet;
import android.view.View;

public class Myview extends View {

        public Myview(Context context) {
                super(context);
                // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
                this.invalidate();
        }

        public Myview(Context context, AttributeSet attrs, int defStyle) {
                super(context, attrs, defStyle);
                // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
                this.invalidate();
        }

        public Myview(Context context, AttributeSet attrs) {
                super(context, attrs);
                // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
                this.invalidate();
        }

        @Override
        protected void onDraw(Canvas canvas) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                super.onDraw(canvas);

                canvas.drawLine(100, 100, 200, 200, new Paint());
        }

        @Override
        protected void onMeasure(int widthMeasureSpec, int heightMeasureSpec)
{
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                super.onMeasure(widthMeasureSpec, heightMeasureSpec);

        }
}

canvasexample.java

package com.MyPack.canvasexample;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;

public class canvasexample extends Activity {
    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);
 View v= findViewById(R.id.view1);
        if(v==null)
        Log.w("isnull", "null");
        else
                Log.w("isnull", "not null");

    }
}

this is my code....
the log displays "not null"  for "isnull" tag that is view to b not
null...
do we need to write anything in manifest file.
in graphical view of main.xml i can see a line drawn on the canvas but
when i execute my program it shows nothing on canvas...
ya we knw that we can draw a line without creating an extra view but
we r trying to do it by creating a custom view...