API 12 may be for phones only, or for phones and tablets, or there may be a version of Android that runs on phones and still has API level 11. At this point, it's just not public knowledge.

So - IMO, filtering by API level is not sufficient. Adding a filter for support-screens / only xlarge with or without large would probably be a little more future-proof, and you can always tweak it later.

-- Kostya