I am trying to convert ScrollView into a new class ScrollView2D that
will support horizontal scrolling.  I have made what I consider to be
sensible changes to the class, but I cannot for the life of me get any
horizontal scrolling.  In my layout XML I am enclosing ScrollView2D
around a TableLayout, which in turn holds TableRows of EditTexts.
Actually, the TableRows are generated in code, as are the EditTexts
they hold, so the XML only descends as far as the TableLayout.

I have determined, thanks to the debugger, that the program stems from
the fact that the View's width is not being constrained the way the
Height is.  As rows are added, the height is not permitted to exceed
the screen's height (or the parent ViewGroup's height.  One the table
is taller than this height, vertical scrolling kicks in.  However,
when adding columns to the table (adding EditTexts to the end of the
TableRows) the width of the enclosing View just keeps getting larger,
vastly exceeding the width of the screen.  Consequently, horizontal
scrolling never kicks in.  Horizontal scrollbars don't appears,
dragging has not effect, and right-arrow jumping across the rows
simply jumps the focus out of view off the right side of the screen.

I am at a total loss where to go on this.  I'm not sure if the problem
is in the XML layout setup or in the actual java code for the new
ScrollView2D class.

Should I post my entire code for that class?  What will help you help
me figure this out?

Thank you.

Keith