Hi,

I have following code to add a widget on custom home screen . when I
run this code it doesn't show 'Search Widget' on Android 2.1 but same
code show 'Search Widget' on Android 2.2 .

Can any one let me know why it is like this? and how I can add 'Search
Widget' for 2.1 on Eclair as well.

protected void doWidgetPick() {
                        int appWidgetId =
this.mAppWidgetHost.allocateAppWidgetId();

                    Intent pickIntent = new
Intent(AppWidgetManager.ACTION_APPWIDGET_PICK);
                    pickIntent.putExtra(AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_APPWIDGET_ID,
appWidgetId);

                    /* custom extra that has to be there or else NPE will happen
due to android bug   */
                  //this is pulled from the Launcher source, I just changed a
few things as it's just a dummy entry at this point
                    ArrayList<AppWidgetProviderInfo> customInfo =
                            new ArrayList<AppWidgetProviderInfo>();
                    AppWidgetProviderInfo info = new AppWidgetProviderInfo();
                    info.provider = new ComponentName(getPackageName(),
"XXX.YYY");
                    info.label = "i love android";
                    info.icon = R.drawable.icon;
                    customInfo.add(info);
                    pickIntent.putParcelableArrayListExtra(
                            AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_CUSTOM_INFO, customInfo);
                   ArrayList<Bundle> customExtras = new ArrayList<Bundle>();
                    Bundle b = new Bundle();
                    b.putString("custom_widget", "search_widget");
                    customExtras.add(b);
                    pickIntent.putParcelableArrayListExtra(
                            AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_CUSTOM_EXTRAS,
customExtras);
                    /* that's a lot of lines that are there for no function at
all */

                    // start the pick activity
                    startActivityForResult(pickIntent, REQUEST_PICK_APPWIDGET);
                    //because we've defined ourselves as a singleTask activity,
it will allow this intent to be part of the task

                }

Note: I have take above code sample from a web site.

Please suggest if you know any specific information which might be
helpful.

Regards,
varinaq