I'm making kind of a calculator and everything is working fine.
Except when I leave one of the 4 EditText fields blank, the
application cracks ("stops unexpectly").
How can I work this out?

It would be good to, when this happens (EditText blank) just put a
"empty" message at the destination.

Part of the code:

                        public void onClick(View arg0) {

                                double result = new
Double(input1.getText().toString())
                            * new Double(input3.getText().toString());

                                conta.setText(Double.toString(result));

                                double result2 = new
Double(input1.getText().toString())
                                * new Double(input3.getText().toString()) /
new Double(input4.getText().toString());

                                porpessoa.setText(Double.toString(result2));

                                double result3 = new
Double(input1.getText().toString())
                                * new Double(input2.getText().toString());

totallitros.setText(Double.toString(result3));

                                double result4 = new
Double(input1.getText().toString())
                                * new Double(input2.getText().toString())/
new Double(input4.getText().toString());

litrosporpessoa.setText(Double.toString(result4));

                        }