mscwd01 wrote:
> Anyone? I'm guessing its possible but I cant find an obvious
> solution...

Alas, I don't think it is possible, unless you fancy getting your hands
dirty in the Android source code.

You need the activity that is managing the tabs to be an ActivityGroup
if you want one or more tabs to contain Intent-launched activities. The
only such class is TabActivity.

Similarly, AFAIK, you need to use MapActivity for your MapView to work.

Your only hope is to get the Android source code for TabActivity and
MapActivity and attempt to merge them yourself to create
TabbedMapActivity, so you can have an ActivityGroup subclass that
implements both tabbing and mapping behavior.

Having written a section in Version 1.9 of my book on using Intent-based
tabs in a TabActivity, I confess as to having no real good idea why
anyone would want to use one. The only scenario I can see is if you need
something that can be run independently as an activity *and* appear as a
tab in another activity...but that can be solved just by separating
those smarts out into a separate Java class and reusing the logic in
both spots.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml