On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Dustin <r.dustin.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tor,
> Thanks for the input.  I was not aware of the "New Android XML File"
> wizard.  I was just creating a new folder called "Menu" and then
> placing a new xml inside it called "menu.xml".  After trying the
> wizard, everything seems to develop just fine.

I'm glad to hear you've got a solution!

However, opening the file should never cause the IDE to freeze, so I'd
like to find out exactly what you did to see if I can reproduce it
here -- and more importantly, fix it. I've tried using the "New XML
File" (the builtin Eclipse template instead of the Android specific
one) and that too worked for me. So can you tell me in very explicit
detail what you did? E.g. you created a folder called "Menu" under
"Res", presumably using the new-wizard, and then how did you place a
new XML file in there? Using a wizard (if so, which template?), or
copying from elsewhere, or did you do it on disk using file explorer
or something? If so, what were the exact contents of the file you
placed there?

Thanks,
  Tor