Hello there,

Searched this forum, read of course
http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html
but couldn't figure out how to do the following:

I've got an app which runs on 1.6 and higher:

<uses-sdk
  android:minSdkVersion="4"
  android:targetSdkVersion="7"
/>

I'd like this app to be visible to all possible screen sizes from
normal and larger.
So I've set supports-screens to:

<supports-screens
  android:smallScreens="false"
  android:normalScreens="true"
  android:largeScreens="true"
  android:anyDensity="false"
/>

So I'd want to add: android:xlargeScreens=true for extra large
screens.
But reading the screens_support.html it says that this is only
available since 2.3, so can't add it, and indeed Eclipse XML verifier
complains, and its default value will thus be false because in <uses-
sdk> I don't have 9 or higher.
My conclusion: my app won't show up in the Market for any devices with
an xlarge screen. Or will it show up for those, but will the app show
on those in "postage stamp" format (black borders)?

Is there a way to configure such that my 1.6 app is seen in the Market
by xlarge devices and thus runs fullscreen on an xlarge screen?
And what should I set my Eclipse project build target to? Only if I
set it to 9 (2.3) the compile error goes away. But then I might
accidentally use new features that were introduced after 1.6 and I
don't want that. Or does Android handle the XML backwards incompatible
xlargeScreens tag for me?
Is the only solution for this to set it to 9, and regularly change it
back to 4 to see if I haven't used any features from above 1.6?

Regards,
Marco