You can't run your app forever, it will get killed when memory is low, you
can't really avoid it (on a non rooted device): apps aren't meant to run and
consume resources forever.

And I don't think that dumping a large amount of code at people is going to
help, unless you can pinpoint your problem a little bit and try to narrow
what you think is going wrong.  Try instead thinking of what ways you can
change the structure of your application to make it work to the android
platform a little bit better.

I understand that you want to have the app recording forever in the
background, but is this even practical?  I'm not sure... I think at least
the phone will run out of power much more quickly...

It's too bad uneducated bosses push these types of projects on people
without knowing what capabilities the platform has, though.

Kris