Hi,
I am having a problem with an application I am developing,
The application is a web client, after it stars it downloads it's
resources from a web,
and shows the results in a 3d carousel(very similar to androids market
app). The problem occurs when the images are downloaded on the
device and the 2 carousels appear and I start to move the images to
the left and right.
after a few seconds I get a out of memory exception. I tried using two
level caching and all the optimizations along the way however nothing
seems to work. the procedures are :
1. the app downloads the image if it is not in the cache, or retrieves
it from the cache if available
2. makes a bottom mirror like mask if it was downloaded
3. loads the image in the carousel and starts to manipulate it. (using
camera and other image transformators)

I have made a bunch of optimizations, however all that I have been
able to do is extend the time between two crashes, the app works
better but still crashes after a while

it is build for 2.2 and minimum sdk version is set to 1.6

my next idea is making a native lib which will use a fixed size buffer
for the image manipulation it's self.
any ideas?