Note that everything still works fine on the old installation using
Ganymede :)

The fresh new installation is using Eclipse Helios (3.6). Don't
remember from top of my head whether I picket Classic or Java or
JEE....

Will try to remember to check the workspace log on the next time it
happens. Will check auto-refresh setting too. Should it be on?