We have an application that has a listview which shows some contacts,
there are about 20 contacts shown at one time, and the user can use
the swipe gesture to move to the next 20, (or the previous) page....

It works fine. Now, we've noticed Samsung (and maybe more) Devices
have augmented the listview to include a bounce effect, it lets you
pull (scroll) the Listview away from the border (leaving empty space
between the border and the first list item). When released the
listview kinda bounces on the top(or bottom) returns to normal.

Now, The actual problem.

The thing is when i swipe diagonally (orthogonally, it works fine), it
does 2 things simultaneously
1) pulls the listview to the middle
2) moves to the next page (shows a progress dialog and then reloads
the same listview with new records)

but the Listview doesn't retract to the top...instead it just stays
there in the middle (basically the bounce effect doesn't get a chance
to finish), to correct it the user has to scroll again.

It's hard to explain, if it's unclear i'll try and post a screenshot.

Any ideas how to make the bounce effect complete itself?

Thanks in advance.