I have an app which hides the title and notification bar and runs full
screen.  I use the following line in the manifest to accomplish this:

android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"

This seems to work find on phones and some tablets that I have tried.
However, on the ViewSonic g tablet, although my app still runs
'Fullscreen', the notification bar is still present and overlays my
view.  The problem is, that if I have controls that are underneath the
controls on the notification bar, the user cannot access them.

Is there a way I can specifically hid the notification bar?

Thanks.