I'm guessing he wants to build a .jar file and distribute it to
customers.

It can be done relatively easily as long as you *do not have any
dependencies into the res/ folder* in your jar - a custom ant script
that runs aidl (if necessary), compiles the code (including your
android.jar in the class-path), runs obfuscation and finally executes
a <jar> ant-task to build the JAR-library.