While these are good and interesting questions, this isn't a good group to
ask them in, as this is at a lower level than the SDK.

This is so close to the hardware I think the porting group would be more
likely to be able to assist.

BTW, noise suppression isn't the same thing as a high-pass filter. Very
different, in fact.

It would not surprise me if it were the microphone itself that has the
low-frequency rolloff. Even a microphone such as the Shure SM57 will roll
off below 150 Hz -- just to pick one example I googled up for you. This is
often considered a good thing, depending on the application. Low frequencies
involve large excursions, which in turn lead to clipping or other
distortion. So this may not be under control of the software at all.

In any event -- you should expect a lot of variation between devices in this
frequency range. If you're trying to make a high-quality SPL meter, I'd
suggest specifying the use of an external microphone of known
characteristics.