Now there is also the OI File Manager:
http://www.openintents.org/en/node/159

You can use simple intents in your application to call it for "Open",
"Save", and "Select folder".

In the simplest version, just use:

Intent intent = new Intent("org.openintents.action.PICK_FILE");
startActivityForResult(intent, 1);

and retrieve the result from getData() in onActivityResult().

A sample application that showcases this in a clean way can be found
in the Open Intents repository:
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/samples/TestFileManager

Here is the main java file:
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/trunk/samples/TestFileManager/src/org/openintents/samples/TestFileManager/TestFileManager.java