I haven't tried this but it seems possible.

Step #1: Increase monkey verbosity (-v -v -v)

Step #2: Run the script and collect the output

Step #3: Parse the output to regenerate a monkey script (optionally
you can modify monkey to spit a valid monkey script)

Step #4: Run the script

--
Have you read my blog ?
http://dtmilano.blogspot.com