I have an application which I want to behave differently depending on
whether it is installed on and phone or tablet sized device.  On the
phone devices, I want to support both portrait and landscape mode.
When it is installed on a tablet device, I wish to only support
landscape.  Now, using the manifest, I can add a line:

   android:screenOrientation="landscape"

to the activity, and it will force the app to remain in landscape
mode.  However, I want to be able to set this at runtime only when I
detect that the device is a Tablet.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.