On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Andrew Huang <proelited...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Specify a RGB, i.e,     <color name="test_color">#ff292728</color>.
> Use the a Color Meter tool on Windows or Mac to sample the color in
> the Layout Preview screen. You'll see that it renders the correct
> value of 292728.
>
> Sampling the same color in the emulator would return a different
> value, #282329.
>
> The emulator emulates a 16-bit framebuffer, so this is not really
unexpected. Note that the system does implement dithering though, but there
will still be issues like that due to the reduced color resolution.

Generally speaking, many devices out there don't have a screen that don't
have the color resolution and gammut of a high-end desktop screen.
So don't expect real 24-bit support on real hardware.

> This is causing us some serious problems with our graphics (i.e.
> images are not correctly blending with the background),

I would recommend trying to achieve what you're aiming at differently. E.g.
using transparent images and alpha-blending.