On May 16, 12:35 am, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Misc comments for the whole thread:
>
> (1) Please do NOT use affinities named things like "Affinity.A".  The
> affinity is a *global* namespace.

I changed the affinity for the purposes of the post.  My affinities
follow the form:   ".affinity", where the leading "." should cause my
app package name to be inherited.

> (2) This mechanism is intrinsic to how app switching works (for example
> tapping on an app icon in home and bringing the app's task up to the front
> in its last state), so it is definitely not just broken.

> (3) Make sure you are not setting any of the various flags that cause
> activities to be finished when their task is brought to the foreground or
> other such thing; this is how you make the task reset when this happens.
>  There must be something like that going on, because otherwise you are in
> the default case of launching apps from home which definitely does work.

Of course I'm not setting any flags that would cause the Activity to
be finished.  No "clear top", no finishOnTaskReset, nothing.  The only
thing I'm doing is setting the task affinity and switching tasks with
FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK.

> (4) Take a look at any messages printed in the log when switching tasks.
>  Especially useful can be the event log (adb shell logcat -b event) which
> will have a log for every activity that gets finished and the reason it is
> finished.

logcat -b event is showing something "strange" when I launch the app
again after HOME:

I/am_on_paused_called( 5243): com.mycompany.android.myapp.ActivityA1
I/am_failed_to_pause(   96):
[1082593944,com.mycompany.android.myapp.ActivityA1,(none)]

What does this am_failed_to_pause mean??