Hi All,

I've been using Eclipse MAT to find a memory leak in my app. Using the
histogram I was able to discover that my Activity had multiple
instances if I ran the app twice and then ran the hprof dump.

Using that info I fixed one of the context leaks shown by "Show GC
roots without weak references." Now I only have 1 instance of my
activity if I run the app multiple times.

There still exist the following strong references to my activity -
note these results are from an hprof dump after exiting my app with
the home button:
Class
Name

com.............MyActivity @ 0x43796b98
|          160 |         1,904

|- mOuterContext android.app.ApplicationContext @
0x43796c98                   |          128 |           256

|  '- context android.app.ActivityThread$ContextCleanupInfo @
0x437a7030       |           24 |           136

|     '- <Java Local> java.lang.Thread @ 0x4001ab08  main
Thread               |           72 |         1,176

|- mContext com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView @
0x437bab98|          352 |           760

Is this normal? Shouldn't I see no strong references to my activity at
this point? Are my bitmaps never going to be garbage collected because
of this? (NOTE: I'm using the application context to load them).

Any help would be awesome!
thanks.
Chad