Well after much trial and error I managed to capture the entire  layout  or
activity
using the following code

View   myView = findViewById(R.id.form);
Bitmap bmp    = Bitmap.createBitmap( myView.getMeasuredWidth() ,
myView.getMeasuredHeight() , Config.ARGB_8888);
Canvas canvas = new Canvas(bmp);
myView.draw(canvas);
try {
   FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream( "/sdcard/screen.jpg"  );
   bmp.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.JPEG, 100, out);
   out.flush();
   out.close();
} catch (Exception e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
}

Not sure if this will help or not ?  NOTE: that you can also save as a PNG if
you want .