On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Raghav Sood <raghavs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have waited for a while and have had no response from all of you. So I am
> trying again. Could you all help in making this wiki? Anthing android
> related is welcome on it.
> http://wiki.androidappcheck.com/

I admire your efforts but you'll likely not get a good response (again).
Here's a few things to consider that's likely keeping people from
contributing.

1 - Your wiki is empty. There is *NOTHING* on it. Which means no one is
reading it since there's nothing to read. So why would anyone waste their
time adding stuff to a wiki no one is reading? If I added 1 article right
now you'd have 1 article.

If you're serious about this then *YOU* need to put the leg work up front to
"seed" it with content to make it look like it's useful, give people
something to read and a reason to visit. Through that traffic people would
eventually start editing existing topics or adding their own new ones.

So write some starting content and / or find other existing tutorials /
examples / data sets online and ask the authors for permission to copy their
stuff over and do that. *Anything* to get something going.

2 - Until you started posting in this group, I for one have never heard of
you or this site. You have no name recognition. If this was
www.the-official-android-wiki.com run by Google, it would likely have a huge
following. As it stands, there is no confidence that this isn't just some
pet project some random person on the internet threw together over the
weekend. For all we know this will fizzle out and die by next week. The
complete lack of content mentioned in point 1 doesn't help.

There's not much you can do about this but you can start by contributing to
this group with more than pleads for people to add content to your wiki.
Over time perhaps you'll gain more recognition and respect to have people
take this more seriously.

3 - You have a Donate button on each and every page that apparently goes
directly to you. You want an entire community to do the work to build up
knowledge on your website and donations go to you? Seriously?

You, sir, have a pair of solid steel grapefruits that would make Stephen
Colbert jealous.

4 - Sorry but frankly the very people you want to contribute to this simply
have better sh*t to do. We all have apps we're working on and likely
full-time jobs and families and that minor nuisance known as life. Given
points 1, 2, and 3 there's absolutely no incentive or motivation to move
anyone to spend time on this.

This is all meant to be constructive so I hope you take it as such. Good
luck.