Hello,
I am trying to control the orientation from which I start. It works fine if
I hold the phone in portrait mode and start my app. Otherwise dialog gets if
I start in landscape position.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Harsha

*public* *void* onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)

{

 *super*.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

setRequestedOrientation(ActivityInfo.*SCREEN_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT*);

showDialog(TEST);

}

I tried using Manisfest file too.

<?xml version=*"1.0"* encoding=*"utf-8"*?>

<manifest xmlns:android=*"http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
*

package=*"com.playWAV"
*

android:versionCode=*"1"
*

android:versionName=*"1.0"
*

android:screenOrientation=*"portrait"*>

<uses-permission

android:name=*"android.permission.INTERNET"* />

<uses-permission

android:name=*"android.permission.READ_CONTACTS"* />

<uses-permission

android:name=*"android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"* />

<application android:icon=*"@drawable/icon"*

android:label=*"@string/app_name"
*

android:screenOrientation=*"portrait"*