On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Emanuel Moecklin <1gravity...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could always try to adapt Quartz to Android.
> From my experience with other open source software (like Neuroph or
> Sudoku Explainer) they normally need some tweaks to make them work on
> Android (mainly due to memory/stack and/or performance issues) but in
> the end it will work.

Unlikely for Quartz, unless you re-design it considerably. Quartz needs to
run all the time, with threads periodically waking up to check triggers
and jobs. Plus it's purpose is to handle lots of jobs, possibly running
for a long time and interconnected. 'Enterprise' level stuff, that
you are quite unlikely to do/need on Android. Very much *unlike*
porting 'Sudoku Explainer'.

> On the other hand I'm not sure if using Quartz on a mobile device
> isn't taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Exactly.