Hi,
I have a set cross platform libraries(C++) which work on Windows, Mac
and Android.
For testing the libraries on Windows/Mac I have generated Java wrappers
using Swig, and created test cases using JUnit4. My libraries dont have any
UI component, everything is api calls.

Now for test development on Android, I would like the same test cases to run
on Android, but it seems that all the testcasses on android should derive
from ActivityInstrumentationTestCase class. Now since my test cases never
interact with UI and everything is just api calls so I dont need
instrumentation.

So my question is:
Can I just run my existing test cases on Android without deriving from
ActivityInstrumentationTestCase as they dont interact with any UI.
I can derive my tst cases from ActivityInstrumentationTestCase but that
would lead to lot of duplicate code, I understand that Android doesn't have
JUnit 4 on it. I am fine converting existing test cases from Junit4 to
Junit3(as my test case dont use much of Junit4 specific stuff, if that gets
them to running on Android as it is.

Thanks,
~Aman