Yes we don't have official SDK API's to Bluetooth, but that does not
mean we have a don't have a Bluetooth stack with supporting Java
framework classes.

See BluetoothDevice.java, BluetoothHeadset.java, RfcommSocket.java etc.

However, we have not made any of these classes part of the official
Android SDK. This is because these classes _will change_, and any apps
that you write that use these classes _will break_ as we roll out new
software updates.

Making the decision to commit to an SDK API is a big step that we
don't take until we are sure we can support that interface for years
to come.

We know there is a lot of demand for an official Bluetooth API, and it
is the Bluetooth team's second highest priority right now, behind A2DP
which there is also a lot of demand for.

Nick
Android Systems Team